Outreach Doctors was founded by Dr Christopher Cameron (Dr CC) to improve access to quality healthcare delivered in settings where patients are the most comfortable.
As the word spread, the community accessed the Outreach service for a variety of reasons including lack of transport, non-judgemental welcoming space as well as language and cultural barriers. Outreach Doctors believes strongly in patient advocacy, building and maintaining trust and fostering long term relationships. In addition, the Outreach model provided the opportunity for secondary medical gains including observing intra and inter-family dynamics rather than calling individual patients from a clinic waiting room setting.
“Our core business is nurturing long term therapeutic relationships and remaining deeply embedded in the community. We strongly focus on ensuring our patients have the ability to grow on a personal level as well as achieve good health outcomes and ultimately a better quality of life.”
DR. CHRISTOPHER CAMERON, GP, MBBS, BA, BSC
Outreach Doctors provides a holistic primary healthcare service from a dedicated Outreach Doctors hub. Outreach Doctors is a community facing, grass roots primary healthcare service aiming to reach all members of our community. We are an inclusive of memberin a safe and culturally appropriate way. Our focus is on connecting with community through the provision of exceptional quality care to all of the community.
- Building a patient focused integrated health care system.
- Promoting good health.
- Reducing inequalities in health and improving access.
- Increasing focus on health promotion and prevention through screening and early intervention
- Empowering patients and advocating for their
- Focusquality, safety, performance and accountability
- Incorporating good governance at all levels
- Improving access to healthcare through the deployment of an outreach service and culturally safe environment
- Utilising and building on existing community networks and relationships to achieve objectives
- Provide a health service that community organisations can utilise for clients who would not access mainstream medical services
The team are focused on providing a warm, welcoming and non-judgmental environment for their patients, many of whom have not engaged in health care for an extended period due . The mobile clinics are also mindful of personal situations including transport and life circumstances and they address these issues by being accessible in pop-up clinics and home visits. It is paramount to Outreach Doctors that we honour the trust that our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients place in us, which often takes a significant period of time to achieve and the continuity of care and rapport is highly valued by community members.
Call today to schedule an appointment. Please contact us directly with any questions, comments, or scheduling inquiries you may have. We love all of our community, please feel free to drop in and make an appointment at 5/6-8 Liuzzi Street, Pialba Queensland 4655, Australia