Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast Healthcare & Medical
General Practitioners Full time
Outreach Doctors is recruiting an experienced General Practitioner with either FACRRM or FRACGP based on the beautiful Fraser Coast. The Outreach Doctors hub offers a bright and welcoming environment with lake views and is well integrated within the growing Hervey Bay community.
We provide the following dedicated services to the Fraser Coast community:
- Holistic primary health care.
- A focus on chronic disease management including care plans and health checks.
- Complex case management with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Monday to Friday clinics (Saturday by appointment).
- After hours coverage by phone with experienced RN.
- Outreach Clinics in a variety of settings.
- Treatment for Hepatitis C in collaboration with Sunshine Coast University Hospital Gastroenterology Department.
- Needle and Syringe Program for patients in partnership with WBHHS AODS.
- Immunisations including COVID-19 and Iron transfusions.
- Diagnosis and treatment for complex mental health disorders of all ages with a clinical psychologist as well as streamlined specialist psychiatry referral pathways.
- Sexual health screening and treatment with a focus on education, prevention and harm minimisation including prescribing of PrEP.
- Antenatal services provided by our amazing woman centred midwife.
- Clinical support to Out-of-Home Care providers.
- A streamlined referral process for assisting patients with NDIS and Aged Care access.
- Outreach Palliative Care service providing care to patients in their homes.
- Management of patients in Residential Aged Care facilities.
- Advocate for our patients and connect them with relevant services in our region.
- Understand the connection between a healthy environment and a healthy community.
- Foster and build relationships with other community organisations.
At Outreach Doctors we are committed to professional development and training. We have a long-term perspective on capacity building within the organisation and encourage staff development and specialisation.
About the Role:
Outreach Doctors is seeking an experienced General Practitioner with either FACRRM or FRACGP.
Our team includes a:
- strategic and well respected practice manager
- highly capable and supportive medical receptionist
- experienced registered nurses
- well cherished midwife
- aboriginal health worker
- exercise physiologist
- clinical psychologist
- alcohol and other drugs counsellor
- occupational therapist
- social worker
There is a high nursing to doctor ratio to ensure that you are well supported.
We have a partnership with one of the area’s leading pharmacies to deliver unparalleled service to our patients including free webster packs and delivery of medications.
Essential assets for the role:
• The ability to provide thorough assessments and management in the community including in an outreach capacity.
• Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged communities including those either homeless or at risk of homelessness.
• Working knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and how it relates to healthcare delivery.
• Assist with clinical leadership at all levels of the organisation.
• The ability to manage a complex caseload of patients.
• A non-judgemental demeanour and high emotional intelligence.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team with specialists, allied health, clinical and administration professionals.
• Being a strong patient advocate.
Benefits of the role:
- 70% of billings (negotiable).
- Mixed billing practice with non-concession card holders charged a gap fee.
- Flexible workplace environment with part-time and full-time opportunities.
- Latest technology including Best Practice, Automed and MyGPMPtool.
- Outstanding IT support for telehealth services.
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role with current CV to email@example.com