Outreach Doctors has expanded services to patients to trial as a needle & syringe program provider. This is another way we are immersing our services into the community, especially vulnerable members.
This program is vital to community as it aims to reduce the incidence of blood-borne viruses and injection-related injuries and disease in Queensland by:
- providing sterile injecting equipment
- facilitating the safe disposal of used injecting equipment
- improving access and referral to drug treatment programs, health care, and other services.
There are significant public health risks associated with injecting drug use include:
- transmission of blood-borne viruses (HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C) through shared injecting equipment
- injection-related injuries and disease including abscess, cellulitis, endocarditis, septicaemia and loss of limb.
To find out more, make an appointment at Outreach Doctors on 07 4155 5062 or call into 5/6-8 Liuzzi Street, Pialba. We are a friendly, non-judgmental bunch, here to help you and your loved ones.